Contact us, FAQ's and feedback

Many of your questions can quickly be answered by exploring our comprehensive collection of frequently asked questions.

Contact us

General enquiries & repairs and maintenance line


+44 (0)20 7580 3163

 Hours 08:00 -16:00

Repairs and maintenance line

+44 (0)20 7290 0963

Hours 8:00 -17:00



Property lettings

Residential lettings

+44 (0)20 7291 6080

Office lettings

+44 (0)20 7290 0970


Retail lettings

+44 (0)20 7290 0945




Medical lettings

+44 (0)20 7290 0970


Garage lettings

+44 (0)20 7290 0970




Emergency out of hours

Marketing, community and events

Marketing and events

+44 (0)20 7291 6089

Community engagement

+44 (0)20 7291 6092







Frequently asked questions

For residents

Who is my Residential Manager?

At the start of your tenancy, you will be contacted by your personal Residential Manager who will arrange to meet you prior to move in. This person will be your main point of contact throughout your tenancy.

How many sets of keys will I get?

You will receive three sets of keys. if you require any additional sets please discuss this with your Residential Manager.

How do I find out my council tax band?

This information can be found on the valuation office website and will also be stated on any bills received from Westminster City Council, visit their website here.  

Do I need to attend the inventory check in?

It is not necessary that you attend the inventory check in as a report will be sent to you. However, if you would like to attend, you are more than welcome to do so.

Is my internet and telephone line in the flat already?

At present Internet broadband and WIFI is something that you will need to set up yourself and is not included, however watch this space for exciting news soon!

How do I set up utilities?

For incoming customers, HdWE will arrange for the current utility supplier to be notified of the upcoming move and provide an opening meter reading, however, this does not mean the customer is set up in contract. All incoming customers are responsible for contacting the utility company and setting up an account to avoid being charged out of contract rates. Details for the current utility supplier can be found in the Welcome Pack provided by Savills Energy and if in doubt, please contact the Residential Manager. 

Can I change my utility provider?

Yes, however please make your Residential Manager aware of who the new supplier is.

Do I automatically get residents parking?

No, all parking needs to be arranged with Westminster City Council. Please visit their website here. Occasionally Howard de Walden has garages available. Please contact the team on 020 7290 0970 for more information.

How do I report a maintenance issue?

Please contact the maintenance service desk on or call 020 7290 0963.

What is the procedure for contact outside of office hours?

For maintenance emergencies outside of office hours please contact the helpline on 020 7290 0933 where assistance can be obtained.

Will I receive notice when you require access to my property?

You will receive at least 24 hours’ notice in writing before we access the property, unless it is an emergency.

How will access be gained for maintenance issues?

Unless it is an emergency, management keys will only be used with your permission otherwise an appointment will be made for when you are present to provide access.

Can I hang pictures/TV on the wall?

Yes of course, we encourage you to make it feel like home, however at the end of the tenancy you will need to make good and fill the holes, alternatively a deduction can be taken from the deposit. Our portfolio is comprised of some very special, heritage buildings so please contact your Residential Manager beforehand to ensure there are no restrictions regarding where you can hang items.

Is the fire alarm linked to the Fire Brigade?

No, the alarm will just emit a loud noise around the building.

Can I smoke in my home?

No, all of our buildings are non-smoking.

Can I leave personal items in the common parts?

No, the common parts always need to be kept clear. This is to ensure that we comply with our fire safety obligations. We understand that carrying bicycles and prams upstairs can be difficult, but we are under a strict legal duty to keep hallways, doors and stairwells clear.

Who cleans the exterior of the windows?

This is the responsibility of the resident as per the tenancy agreement, however only where accessible. If you have any concerns regarding this, please contact your Residential Manager.

What should I do if I lock myself out of my property?

Please contact the maintenance service desk on 020 7290 0963 between 8am - 6pm, or the out of hours emergency number on 020 7290 0933.

I have a Sky/BT Engineer at the property, he needs access to the Sky Dish/Data Entry point, can you advise on access?

Please contact the maintenance service desk on or 020 7290 0963.

Who should I contact if I have a pest issue?

Please contact the maintenance service desk on or 020 7290 0963.

Where do I put my rubbish? What are the collection days?

This information can be found online at Alternatively this can be found within your welcome pack.

Is my property pet friendly?

Not all of our buildings are pet friendly, so please contact your Residential Manager to discuss further.

What should I do if I lose my keys and/or cannot enter the property?

Please contact our maintenance service desk on 020 7290 0963 from 8am - 6pm, Mon-Fri, or otherwise, please call 020 7290 0933 and our out of hours team will be able to help you. Please note, you may be charged a £50.00 call out charge.

I want to sublet my property, is this allowed?

No, this is strictly against the terms of our tenancy agreement. We strive to foster a safe and happy community by complying with all legislation including planning rules. For this reason, we do not permit our tenants to sublet.

Who should I contact if I wish to renew my tenancy?

Please email our Renewals Manager, Diana Hilary on

Who should I contact if I wish to end my tenancy?

Please email your Residential Manager.

How do I get my deposit back?

Your deposit is protected and will be returned as soon as possible after the end of your tenancy. This will be less any reasonable charges that have been previously agreed by you.

Residential lettings

Who is allowed to pay rent?

We only accept payment from the named tenant.

How do I pay rent and what is the method of payment?

We only accept payments coming from the UK bank account of the named tenant. For any foreign customers, please set-up a UK account prior to move-in. Please note, we only accept bank transfers (no cash or card payments).

What fees do I need to pay?

We do not charge fees. Prior to moving in, you will pay one months’ rent in advance (subject to passed referencing) and a five-week deposit.

What is the referencing process?

We use Let Ref (a third-party referencing company). A link will be sent to you where you fill in details such as employer details, previous landlord, passport etc. Once Let Ref have all the information/references a report is created and sent to us to review.

What is the deposit and how much will it be?

The deposit, where required, will be 5 weeks' rent and covers any damages to your home or its furnishings that occur during your tenancy. 

How much do I need to earn to pass referencing?

Let Ref require that you earn 2.5 times the annual rent.

What is a right to rent check?

A right to rent check is a legal requirement we carry out with all new residents to ensure they have the right to live legally in the UK. We do this by: 1- checking which adults will use the property as their main home, 2- Ask them for original documents that prove they can live in the UK, 3- check their documents to see if they have the right to rent the property, 4- check that each resident’s documents are genuine and belong to them, with the resident present. 5- Make and keep copies of the documents.

What do I need to do prior to the start of the tenancy?

Prior to the start of your tenancy and before keys can we released, we will need: passed referencing, monies in advance (5-week deposit and 1 month rent in advance etc (depending on payment terms), signed tenancy agreement and right to rent checks completed on all tenants and occupiers.

Will the property be professional cleaned before I move in? Including windows?

The property will be professionally cleaned including windows prior to the commencement of your tenancy. 

Is furniture included in the rent?

If furniture is not included in your rent we can provide furniture rental packages through Room Service

Are utilities included in the rent?

No, unless otherwise specified in your lease agreement.

How much is the deposit?

The deposit is five weeks rent.


We aim to always provide an excellent service. We welcome feedback and appreciate the opportunity to continuously improve.

Please email us on or fill out our form via the link below.

Feedback form

As much as we try to avoid it, we recognise that from time to time, things can go wrong. If you would like to make a formal complaint, please view our Complaint Handling Procedure (CHP).